Re: Re: Texas RTEC

[ Follow Ups ] [ Post Followup ] [ TubeNet BBS ] [ FAQ ]

Posted by Alex C on May 23, 2003 at 15:16:07:

In Reply to: Re: Texas RTEC posted by unfortunately.... on May 20, 2003 at 14:01:55:

I must say that I am surprised to see a post this negative on the ITEC at TCU. Frankly, this sounds like sour grapes from someone who did not win a competition. The fact that you declined to list an e mail address certainly dilutes your complaints and thoughtful bbs-er's will have given your comments little weight.

Instead of thinking that the result of the competition has caused your attitude about this event, I believe that your attitude about this event has caused the result.

---------

As the webmaster, I apologize for any inconvenience for not removing statements that indicated that further information would be provided. However, the phrase "under construction" never appears on a site I build. I don't know what you were reading

If you didn't attend enough events to find out who won the competitions, I don't think you can blame the organizers. You owed it to yourself to be pro-active in finding out information about the award money for the competitions.

Any complaints should have been directed to those in charge BEFORE you entered. If you had done this, your ideas would have benefited all. Now you can only complain to no one's good.

Lastly, as a college student (or graduate, as the case may be) you should learn to write for communication. Break your paragraphs into smaller blocks of text, each paragraph containing only one idea to complain about. This has the added advantage of allowing you to build your case logically and allows the reader to go back and peruse your points.

Follow Ups: