Re: Re: Re: Re: Amateurs and ITEA

[ Follow Ups ] [ Post Followup ] [ TubeNet BBS ] [ FAQ ]

Posted by Scott Watson on May 22, 2003 at 14:42:00:

In Reply to: Re: Re: Re: Amateurs and ITEA posted by Bart Collins on May 22, 2003 at 10:18:16:

Thanks Bart for making these recent announcements about ITEA happenings. Regarding the ITEA website, there will be a "Members Only" Site soon. As Bart said, we have been totally redoing the entire site this past year, and it frankly has taken longer than we ever antcipated due to a change in webmasters, and the getting all the proper set up to make such a site work properly.

As you may know-Dave Werden is now our webmaster and he does a great job. (Just see his own considerable website.

The ITEA Journal really is one of the better ones if you read all the Brass Journals like I do. We are ALWAYS looking for things that are of interest to members. I invite any of you on the Tubenet to consider actually writing an article on something that interests you. Still we appreciate any suggestions, and I will forward these excellent ideas to the Editor Jason Roland Smith. Thanks for also saying what you LIKED. It also helps to hear what is going right as well as wrong.

Basically ITEA needs to cover (as much as possible) ALL aspects of tuba and euphonium playing, including material for students and amateur players. This includes our international tuba and euphonium players as well.

I hope many are enjoying the various regional conferences on slate this year, and that these will indeed lead to more grass roots organizations at the local and regional level. There has been less interest in local chapters the last 20 years, but this seems to have changed lately. The current conference schedule of Internationals one year and Regional Conferences the next should establish a conference schedule that has a conference near each and every tuba-euph. player at least every 2 years. The International Conferences will be in the States one time, and in perhaps (not always)in an international venue the next. This is the case lately in that last year's ITEC was in Greensboro, North Carolina. Next year's ITEC is in Budapest, Hungary.

All the best,

Scott Watson
Past President-ITEA

Follow Ups: