Re: Re: Texas RTEC

[ Follow Ups ] [ Post Followup ] [ TubeNet BBS ] [ FAQ ]

Posted by LV on May 19, 2003 at 14:58:05:

In Reply to: Re: Texas RTEC posted by Brian Frederiksen on May 19, 2003 at 14:29:58:

I imagine the answer may be that there is a disconnect between the average tuba/euphonium player and the college professor/professional folks in charge of ITEA. Maybe some effort in being a more inclusive organization and holding regular conferences rather than a hit or miss schedule.

Sometimes I get the feeling the ITEA leadership is the type that worries about tenure (not that this isn't important to them) and not so much about growing membership beyond having their students be members for the 4 or so years they are undergrads.

Dennis AsKew (you're my hero!) and his partner in Greensboro really did a fine job and I bet momentum could have been helped by another ITEC in the same spirit.

I'm sure the conference that were presented this year were great, but I think that if the dates had been different, say when more people could have attended, there would have been greater numbers in attendence. Communication is another factor. There were a lot guesses about these conferences here on Tubenet.

The website for ITEA is among the weakest link of a means of communications of the musical organization represented on the web. Take a look at the ITG or ITA website. They contain useful, up to date information. I bet there aren't a whole lot of folks who regularly hit the ITEA site. Why, because it contains very little info and almost never changes. There is a lot of news, etc. that could be diseminated through the site.

But, of course, we do have Tubenet. Sean do us all a great service by hosting us.

FWIW, YMMV, I still love ITEA,

LV

Follow Ups: