Re: What, in general, would anyone think...

[ Follow Ups ] [ Post Followup ] [ TubeNet BBS ] [ FAQ ]

Posted by Roger Lewis on May 19, 2003 at 07:09:16:

In Reply to: What, in general, would anyone think... posted by looking elsewhere on May 16, 2003 at 19:01:42:

I hope that is not my outfit. Although we have been in the process of a major changeover in our e-mail system and somethings may be getting misdirected (like I can't get my e-mail to work right now, at all). As to prices, most times that is the manufacturers call. On some we are not allowed to put ANY price in the catalog or on the website and there are others who MAKE us put a price that is NOT our selling price in the catalog and website. Go figure. The best thing, as stated by others, is to call. I'm sure you'll get a solid figure and that the seller will stand behind it.
Another aspect to consider on European horns, which was mentioned in some of the threads above this, is that prices are so much in fluctuation due to the Euro's strength that a price give while the horn is on order may not work when the horn is delivered and the seller is just trying to avoid taking massive losses. I know one manufacturer that raised the wholesale price of their instruments by $1,600!

Roger

Follow Ups: