Re: What ever happened to....

[ Follow Ups ] [ Post Followup ] [ TubeNet BBS ] [ FAQ ]

Posted by Tom Mason on May 14, 2003 at 17:31:28:

In Reply to: What ever happened to.... posted by Jeff Hicks on May 14, 2003 at 10:14:23:

I will admit to playing for the fun of it.

I do admit to being a mercenary when it comes to playing music. The more money, the more I am willing to play. However, I am preparing a 4 hour concert at the end of this month for a Christmas 4 Kids fundraising campaign. The bands performing will play for free. The sound engineering will be provided for free, (by me). 100% of the proceeds will benefit the campaign.

This is an example of the times that I play for free. I play for free when I demonstrate instruments in my childrens' elementary classes. Playing in the church I attend also is for fun (and worship).

Playing for the Billy Bob/Linda Faye wedding reception costs $200. per person in the band for 3 hours of music. If they want to feed us and give us drinks, then they may do so. $20. and all the booze you can handle is neither for fun or pay.

BTW, if you want to contribute to the Christmas 4 Kids campaign, feel free to e-mail me off line. My mother is the chairman of the committee this year, and I will get a tax write off for you. The concert is May 31st, in Searcy Arkansas. E-mail me for more information if you choose to drive the thousands of miles it will take to get there.

Tom Mason

Follow Ups: