Re: Re: Re: Re: mini disc

[ Follow Ups ] [ Post Followup ] [ TubeNet BBS ] [ FAQ ]

Posted by Jim Andrada on May 13, 2003 at 23:44:14:

In Reply to: Re: Re: Re: mini disc posted by Mark Preece on May 13, 2003 at 00:42:13:

Yes, the post below is correct. It works if you take the analog output from the MD player and feed it into the sound card and let the sound card re-digitize it.

Seems silly to take a digital medium and convert it to analog and then re-digitize it, but that's what you have to do, at least with any of the MD units I'm familiar with.

Sort of like typing up a document in Word, and then printing it out and scanning it and then running it through an optical character recognition program to get it into a different computer.

But silly as it may seem. the end result isn't all that bad with today's hardware.

I think if I were motivated to spend any money to solve this problem again I might buy one of the units that records directly into MP3 on a flash memory card. Given that you can get 1GB cards these days, that's several hours of recording. Then you just stick the flash memory into an adapted on the PC and edit away.

I also have a little MP3 recorder/player that records to a 20GB hard drive and can then be attached to the PC via USB. Of course, the problem with the unit I have is that it has no MIC input.

Maybe the answer is to just put a mic into your sound card and record to the PC directly!

Follow Ups: