Re: Re: Re: Re: another college instructor back-stabbed

[ Follow Ups ] [ Post Followup ] [ TubeNet BBS ] [ FAQ ]

Posted by Rick Denney on May 11, 2003 at 15:00:42:

In Reply to: Re: Re: Re: another college instructor back-stabbed posted by Brian C on May 11, 2003 at 13:28:42:

Don't complain about my reductio ad absurdum. It was intended to entertain. I'm a bit weary of people holding me to a much higher standard of discourse than anyone else on this forum, just because I try to meet it (and usually fail). There are other relevant similarities, though. Indeed, both are treated by a medical professional. Both are conditions that are apparent, even if just by their symptoms, to non-MD observers. Both should be referred to an actual doctor, who will actually take responsibility for treating it properly.

Here's another one: "Teacher, I have problems keeping my head together during performances. What should I do?" "Go see a doctor." "What should I tell the doctor?" "I can't tell you that." If this can get someone fired, then in makes lawless everyone who has ever cared for someone who is sick, and who is not a doctor. Phooey!

Are you a lawyer?

Rick "who is going to crawl into a bathroom-shaped hole for a couple of days" Denney

Follow Ups: