Knoxville Tubists

[ Follow Ups ] [ Post Followup ] [ TubeNet BBS ] [ FAQ ]

Posted by Steve Dedman on May 07, 2003 at 22:53:38:

I currently play tuba in the East Tennessee Concert Band, a community group in Knoxville. We have players from all over East Tennessee. There are currently two tuba players in the section, myself and one other. I will be starting a new job soon, so my availability is in question. I would like to try to find another player for the section so that the band can generally count on having two tubists at rehearsals and performances. If it winds up being three, so much the better. But it really is too much for one player to handle.

We are also in need of at least one other euphonium player. We have one, and he is very good, but two very good players are definitely better, and I know he'd love some help/back-up.

This is an above-average group, playing some pretty difficult rep. Right now, we have in our folders Roman Carnival, the Menin Canzona, Tempered Steel, Tocatta Marziale, and Thunder and Blazes, among others. Of course, we also have to play some of the crowd-pleasing broadway schlock, but our music director (Dr. Ric Best; an excellent conductor and musician) tries to strike a good balance and generally succeeds.

Rehearsals are Tuesday evenings from 7-9 at Farragut Middle School. If you are interested, but live some distance from Knoxville, let me know, and I'll try to arrange some sort of car pool with another musician that lives nearby.

It ain't the Met, but if you would like a musical outlet that may very well challenge your abilities, come play with this group of high-quality musicians. This is also a pretty laid-back group, and egos aren't usually an issue. We're all there just to enjoy the music. Believe me when I say that you'll be made to feel very welcome.

If you're interested, please shoot me an e-mail or a phone number, and I'll give you all the info.

Thanks,
Steve Dedman

Follow Ups: