Re: Re: A thief

[ Follow Ups ] [ Post Followup ] [ TubeNet BBS ] [ FAQ ]

Posted by Joe Baker on May 07, 2003 at 13:38:42:

In Reply to: Re: A thief posted by A Guy in Virginia on May 07, 2003 at 12:31:58:

Well, I'm stunned and I'm definitely withholding judgement, but this fellow could be on the level. I checked the phone number and the domain for the E-Mail, and they are legit. There is a Herb Bergson on the Superior PD. The AOL account doesn't mean much; he could have done this bit of work from home. Of course, anyone could put that name and e-mail in a message here, but they'd never know if anyone called or e-mailed, which would take whatever small amount of 'fun' there would be out of the equation.

To so brazenly say what amounts to "Anthony Labelle is a thief" does seem to me a breach in normal procedures, but things are not always as tidy as they look on "Law & Order". It does seem to me that an officer who says such things may open himself and his department up for a major lawsuit if the accused is not found guilty. To me the best arguments for this being a joke are that a) we are all over the country, and any business transacted with Anthony would probably be mail order; and b) posing as an interested buyer and arranging a meeting would seem to be a better way of finding him than posting that you are looking for him on a board he reads.

If this is a joke, it is indeed a sick one, and I hope Anthony sues the pants off of the perpetrator. This could have very long-lasting impact on Anthony's ability to transact business, and if he's innocent the damage is huge. If it's for real, what a sad thing.

Joe Baker, who hopes this is just a sad, sick joke.

Follow Ups: