Re: Re: Yamaha 842S euphers!

[ Follow Ups ] [ Post Followup ] [ TubeNet BBS ] [ FAQ ]

Posted by Cale Self on May 04, 2003 at 18:22:05:

In Reply to: Re: Yamaha 842S euphers! posted by ????? on May 04, 2003 at 16:37:28:

No offense, Mr. anonymous (?????), but I played on that exact setup for 4 years, and on the Willson with a Doug Elliott setup for six more after that. Also, I don't presume to say that the 842S is, holistically, for every single person, the best horn around. But, for me, after 10 years on the Willson, the difference in virtually EVERY aspect of the horn (response, sound, intonation, etc.) was by far better on the Yamaha.

As per the mouthpiece, the sharp rim on the Schilke 51D is why I shyed away from it, and why I don't use the DEG BB1. I prefer more rounded, comfortable rims, mostly to do with the fact that I am not a naturally flexible player (I work very hard for my flexibility).

Please stop interjecting into posts where you have no pertinent feedback or relative information to share. There's a time and a place to bash this and defend that, but I assure you it's not when I'm polling other musicians who play the same horn I do as to what specific equipment they use in conjuction with the horn.

Cale (descending the soap box for the second time this week) Self

Follow Ups: