Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Who got tuba studio spot at SMU?

[ Follow Ups ] [ Post Followup ] [ TubeNet BBS ] [ FAQ ]

Posted by Jarrod Robertson on May 04, 2003 at 12:05:18:

In Reply to: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Who got tuba studio spot at SMU? posted by Mark F. on May 04, 2003 at 08:33:14:

Mark,

Unless I misread YOUR post, you never said anything specific about the tuba studio at SMU. You said:
"I think it's incredibly overpriced, and don't know anybody that has graduated from there that has gone on to accomplish anything. You would think that I would have met at least a couple graduates that I respected, but to be truthful, I can't think of any. They are going to think "wow, he spent a fortune to go to a very average school"
I think you are getting tangled in your lost cause at jabbing the school. I do not know what you personally have against SMU, and I don't think it really matters. However, if you're going to try and bash someone or something, I would try and at least be intelligent enough to make a realistic statement somewhere in my argument. There are bad things about every school, SMU included, but your statements are completely off the wall.
I know there are some terrific brass players at UNT, as there should be with the size of the studios there. I know of at least 2 terrific brass players at TCU (Zach Collins is one I have met, there is also a Falcone advancement on Euphonium). I am not familiar with anyone else, so I'm not going to be a baffoon and make statements that I have no idea what I'm talking about. I do know that I went to hear Pictures at an Exhibition a couple years ago at TCU, and the trumpet player did a great job. I also know that two years ago an SMU undergraduate string player decided to quit pursuing music and transferred to TCU because they gave scholarship money to non-majors in the orchestra. I have talked with her since and her opinions are not on par with yours about the quality of ensembles, or individuals at TCU. My best guess is that she has slightly more insight than yourself.

I do not know you personally, so I am not going to end my post with a Mark Finley bash.
Jarrod Robertson

Follow Ups: