Re: Re: Re: OU Workshop, Who's Going?

[ Follow Ups ] [ Post Followup ] [ TubeNet BBS ] [ FAQ ]

Posted by Leland on June 02, 2002 at 15:38:07:

In Reply to: Re: Re: OU Workshop, Who's Going? posted by Steve Marcus on June 02, 2002 at 08:03:52:

Yup, got the horn back, and the only thing wrong with it was that it was finger-"screwed", as we say -- fingerprints & handprints where there were none before (you remember my gloves, too!). It cost me nothing, thanks to the pawn shop laws around here. The shop lost $500 on the deal, though.

Within an hour or two of learning of its posting on eBay (its description read almost exactly like what I told the police), I had gotten the pawn detectives in SE DC and Prince George County talking with each other about turning it over back to the DC jurisdiction, and also made arrangements with the senior Marines back at the Barracks to have it picked up once the DC police had it.

Less than a week later, a SSgt from the unit went down to the shop, where he met both pawn detectives. They formally handed it over from Prince George Co. to the District, gave it to the SSgt with my authorization, and he brought it back to 8th & I. He joked that, "It's safe and sound out in my car," after storing it upstairs in our rehearsal hall.

Haven't heard about Paul's horn, though -- what was the news on that?

Follow Ups: