Re: Tuba cleaning

[ Follow Ups ] [ Post Followup ] [ TubeNet BBS ] [ FAQ ]

Posted by Rick F. on May 25, 2002 at 10:45:47:

In Reply to: Tuba cleaning posted by Mike Sherline on May 24, 2002 at 15:36:17:

Mike, I got a very similar email from H.W. Padsavers yesterday. I mentioned to Angela that some folks didn't know how to order online. I guess they're in the process of adding this ability to their website (like you've already posted).

I started using HW Brass Saver a little more than a year ago to keep my euphonium (Yamaha 641) clean. Like the manufacturer states, you can use this product either wet or dry, and I use it both ways. I've used the brush dry many times to clean out the valve ports and valve casing. I find that these brushes leave no fiber residue anywhere! After cleaning out the valves I oil them using my favorite valve oil to keep the valves working smoothly. Keeping the valves clean, makes for less chance of a sticking valve.

About every two months I clean out my euphonium in the bathtub filled with warm-soapy water. The snakes and brushes work real well to knock any debris free from the valve casing, slides or lead pipe. Since I also have the trumpet set of Brass Savers, I use the lead pipe brush to clean the receiving tubes of the slides that I can't feed a snake all the way through.

I like using H.W. Brass Savers to keep my brass instrument clean. There are no wires or sharp edges anywhere that could scratch the inside of your brass instrument.

Rick F.

Follow Ups: