Re: Re: Taking out a nick on the valve slide

[ Follow Ups ] [ Post Followup ] [ TubeNet BBS ] [ FAQ ]

Posted by Rick F. on May 22, 2002 at 11:12:45:

In Reply to: Re: Taking out a nick on the valve slide posted by Chuck(G) on May 22, 2002 at 10:35:31:

What Chuck said is the way to go James.

I've had a lot of success cleaning out my horn (Yamaha 641 euphonium) using a fairly new product made by Padsaver. H.W. Padsaver has made products for woodwind instruments for years. They came out with a set of brushes and snakes for trumpet, euphonium AND now tuba that they call "Brass Savers". They also have one for cleaning out the slide of a trombone. These brushes are soft and do not scratch the inside of the brass (no exposed wires what so ever).

I have no connection with this company... just found this product to be very useful for routine cleaning. After getting to page, (link below) click on "Brass Products"; then click on which ever product you're interested in. Another pop-up window opens which you may have to re-size. Look at all the choices (trumpet, baritone tuba, trombone) to see what the whole set looks like. The two ended brush (seen on trumpet set) is for valves and valve casings... or trumpet leadpipe. A larger version came with in my baritone set.

Hope this helps.

Rick F.

Follow Ups: