Re: Re: Hirsbrunner Vs Nirschl Tuba

[ Follow Ups ] [ Post Followup ] [ TubeNet BBS ] [ FAQ ]

Posted by Arnold S. Gottlieb on May 19, 2002 at 15:54:38:

In Reply to: Re: Hirsbrunner Vs Nirschl Tuba posted by James Rees on May 19, 2002 at 13:15:57:

I played the Nirschl at Bob Tucci's store in Munich. The same day a bunch of people from the brass section of the musical "Grease" that I was touring with(on bass) were hanging out at Bob's because a) he might be the nicest guy in the world, and makes great coffee, and b) Rainer ________? from the Austrian radio orchestra was there to check out the Nirschl. When I started playing the Nirschl, people came out from all directions to hear Rainer play this horn and it was actually me playing it. I don't claim to be even more than a guy who owns a good tuba and makes his money playing the bass, but this horn certainly showed my playing in it's best light ever. I would also put the perantucci PT6 or the giant PT that I don't know the number of on your potential shopping list. I have suggested this o people before, and I will to you, go to germany after you find places to try these horns side by side, and you have the cash in your pocket, you'll save a bit of money in the end, and won't rely on silly advice like mine to make your decision. If you want more info on Germany I will be happy to speak with you privately by email. Have fun with your search. ASG

Follow Ups: