Re: Getzen Questions: Mouthpieces & Mute

[ Follow Ups ] [ Post Followup ] [ TubeNet BBS ] [ FAQ ]

Posted by Brian Frederiksen on May 11, 2002 at 09:04:56:

In Reply to: Getzen Questions: Mouthpieces & Mute posted by Tom B. on May 10, 2002 at 23:17:25:

I have played the G-50 for years playing a variety of things. First off, I come from school of changing mouthpieces to help for a particular sound - let's face it, walking on stage with a few mouthpieces is cheaper than walking on stage with a few horns! Anyway, when the CB-50 first came out it came with a Jacobs mouthpiece. Everyone thought this was a great match including Daellenbach and Rusk. I use this as the primary mouthpiece but there are times it doesn't work, for example I played Nabucco - an awfulclyde part that requires a thinner sound. I used a Shilke 62. For one of the Respigi's I found the Rose model worked. Brahms #2 I used a cup shaped MP, a Miraphone 4. Everytime I changed a mouthpiece I also changed my concept of sound.

As far as a mute, the while not the best sounding mute, the R&B fits faily well although it looks like a version of Sputnik (especially with the screws pulled out a few inches). I would like something with more of a metalic sound for certain things.

Follow Ups: