B&S F Tuba w/miraphone Bell

[ Follow Ups ] [ Post Followup ] [ TubeNet BBS ] [ FAQ ]

Posted by John Van Houten on May 30, 2001 at 23:49:09:

I saw that my student, Chuck, had posted a message here about my F tuba for sale on ebay. I'm selling it at a starting bid of $4,150.00. It's a vintage B&S F Tuba, pre-Perantucci, circa 1980-81. This tuba has the same set-up as Tommy Johnson's, Roger Bobo's and Norm Pearson's B&S F tubas. The tuba has 5 rotary valves and the 5th valve is in the right hand. The 5th valve comes with a one-step system. A two-step system is available for an additional $250.00. The tuba is equivalent to the modern-day PT 10 symphonic. The tuba is silver-plated and has a 185 BBb Miraphone bell, which adds noticeable clarity in all registers. Modifications were done by Rod Stewart. The tuning slide has been elongated to improve pitch when using a mute. I've used this horn in performances with the L.A. Philharmonic and on numerous movie soundtracks, including Men In Black, X-Men, Mars Attacks, the soon to be released Swordfish and the weekly TV series, Futurama, to name a few. The tuba comes with a hard case. Anyway, the horn has served me well for many years and I'd be glad to answer any questions anyone has about it. Feel free to email me at thndrlips (AT)aol.com. The ebay auction ends this coming Sunday around 9:30pm (PDT).

Follow Ups: