Re: Beautiful PT6p For Sale!

[ Follow Ups ] [ Post Followup ] [ TubeNet BBS ] [ FAQ ]

Posted by Marty Neilan on May 30, 2001 at 13:39:45:

In Reply to: Beautiful PT6p For Sale! posted by Jonathan on May 30, 2001 at 09:43:54:

I would like to come out in support of Jonathon. Maybe he is telling the TRUTH. Maybe his tuba REALLY is a little bit better than most PT6's. EVERY tuba made is a little bit different from every other one of that model. Maybe his WAS put together with a little extra care because it was thought to be going straight into Mr. Perrantoni's hands, or for any other reason.

I sold a Yamaha F tuba here a little back and I said mine was better than most because of the low serial number and because of an endorsement from Don Harry. I had people agreeing with me both on the bbs and through email about that, and after a couple of tries I sold the horn to a very happy buyer. Noone jumped on my case saying that every YFB621 was the same ever made during its 12+ year production run. They know that even with the consistency of Yamaha that there were variations.

Now, the only thing Jonathon might be able to do to get some of you off his back is to back up what he is saying with a 300 word description and a bunch of photos like I did. He shouldn't have to, however. If you are interested, try the horn and see if he is for real. That should settle it very quickly. If you haven't played his horn along with several other PT6's, you have no authority to say if it is any better or worse.

Let the man sell the horn!

Follow Ups: