Re: Re: Re: Amati vs. Getzen

[ Follow Ups ] [ Post Followup ] [ TubeNet BBS ] [ FAQ ]

Posted by Dale Phelps on May 23, 2001 at 01:03:45:

In Reply to: Re: Re: Amati vs. Getzen posted by Graham W. on May 22, 2001 at 16:05:26:

Graham,

When compared to the Getzen G50 Amati doesn't produce a horn of comparable style, workmanship, durability, or consistency. There really is no comparison, the reason is you've chosen two markedly different suppliers. Odds are about like tossing a coin thay you "might" find a piggie (Cerveny though and not Amati) that's worth playing, but honestly it is unlikely you'd wind up with a bowser if you go with the Getzen. COMPLETELY different horns though.

As far as "holding you back"? Well I know ANY failure would certainly cramp your consistent 3-hour-per-day practice routine. With THAT in mind, think of your purchase as "for a lifetime"....and also remember that (despite what bargain-hunters will ALWAYS anonymously bray) you will seldom get much more than you actually pay for. A bargain ain't a bargain if it fails you when you are counting on it...with the Getzen, it's likely you WILL get every bit what you pay - not such a sure deal with the less-expensive but definately lower-caliber Amati line of instruments.

i.m.o. & f.w.i.w.

dp

Follow Ups: