Re: The correct college choice....

[ Follow Ups ] [ Post Followup ] [ TubeNet BBS ] [ FAQ ]

Posted by Dominic Marino on May 19, 2001 at 08:45:52:

In Reply to: The correct college choice.... posted by Dominic Marino on May 18, 2001 at 20:54:51:

let me fill in the gaps that I have seemed to leave...

I will be graduating in June of 2002. I plan to major in tenor trombone performance, though I may do bass depending on the situation (if they have an opening; if they have a scholarship; you know the deal) Euphonium is just something that I picked up a few years back and I learn a solo for contest on it every year. It's just something I like to dab in and maybe would like to double. As for my genre, I always find myself changing my mind. When caught in the moment of a great symphony orchestra, I find I wish to pursue that. I'm a three-year memeber of the Ohio All-State Jazz Ensemble, so I also do not wish to waste that. As for band, it's not something I've had the greatest of experiences with (did I just say that!?) so I'm not focusing on it, but I still plan on doing some band work (we all have to make some bread, right?).

I am also told that it isn't the college, but the professor that one will be working with. So I think trombone professors are the ones that I am interested in, but insight on the tuba or euphonium or even saxophone teacher is appreciated, as I'm sure I won't be totally isolated from them.

And I would like to thank you all for responding so well to this post. This is really helping me out greatly. This board is great in the way that someone can post a topic and hours later it is filled with intelligent responses. Bravo to Sean Chisham! (and this is why I'm not on a trombone board. Why would I need to be when I have this one?)

Follow Ups: