Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: $NEW$ tuba on ebay - -what is it?

[ Follow Ups ] [ Post Followup ] [ TubeNet BBS ] [ FAQ ]

Posted by Graham Smith on May 17, 2001 at 09:21:10:

In Reply to: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: $NEW$ tuba on ebay - -what is it? posted by Kenneth Sloan on May 17, 2001 at 08:05:39:

Ken, thanks so much for responding.
I hadn't thought about the two-element budget analysis, frankly. I don't do that with cars (all of mine are used and old, but serviceable) or with much of anything eolse. I tend to get things to use them without thought about what their resale value might be, so it's an eye-opener for me to think in those terms.

I don't really know anyone here at the local U who teaches tuba anymore. My old tuba prof died a few years ago, and all of the folks who were there when I was are now retired (that's what comes of looking around at the old school when you're 54.) I'll have to go over there and introduce myself, although there is one trombone guy whom I know from playing in a brass quintet with him in the early 80's.

This summer will tell the tale, I think. My son is out of school in another week and we have some traveling to do in Richmond, VA not far from Baltimore Brass. For that matter, I'm only 6-7 hrs. from Charlie Krause's Dallas place.

I'll chew on all of this for while. You offered to chat off-line if I thought that would help, and if you're still willing, I may take you up on that after I've let all this gestate.
Thanks again!
Graham

Follow Ups: