tuba overhauls on the web

[ Follow Ups ] [ Post Followup ] [ TubeNet BBS ] [ FAQ ]

Posted by Daniel C. Oberloh on May 15, 2001 at 22:21:07:

I am presently working on a new series of pages for my company web site. Over the past years I have tried to show the goings on within my repair shop and explain how we repair and restore the instruments trusted into our care. It has at times been difficult to make some folks understand that we don't put horns in the "magic box full of elves" (we have in the back room) where they are restored over night and left to be discovered the next morning on our benches dedented, polished and ready to be returned to there proper owner. There is a little more to it.
For years I have wanted to do a series on the process of overhauling the typical German style rotary valve tuba. (Mirafone 186-4U BBb) Partly because tuba is my instrument of choice and partly because I want players to have a better understanding of what is involved. After the past six months I have reached the point where I have enough images and text that My Web Master and I are about ready to put it together.
I wanted to ask for input from the players as to what details they would like to know more about. I have had a lot of questions put to me over the past fifteen years and the pages will allow me to have a place they can be sent to get the lions share of information they seek. I plan to present it much the way I have done other pages in the past. I will consider all ideas submitted. Thanks in advance to all for there sharing of ideas.

Best regards,
Daniel C. Oberloh
Oberloh Woodwind and Brass Works
www.oberloh.com

Follow Ups: