Re: What kind of equipment do yo use

[ Follow Ups ] [ Post Followup ] [ TubeNet BBS ] [ FAQ ]

Posted by Allen Carter on May 10, 2001 at 00:13:27:

In Reply to: What kind of equipment do yo use posted by Let's have some fun! on May 09, 2001 at 11:40:29:

I don't usually reply much, but this time I couldn't resist....

Cerveny ACB-601 4-valve 5/4 CC (don't have money? not a bad horn...if you find one of the ten in the world that play well...hehehe)

Perantucci PT-50 mouthpiece (makes a fine cereal bowl...but I believe this will be the mouthpiece I play on forever...been playing the PT-50 for 10 years)

Ibanez EDB-690 Ergodyne 4-string electric bass (complete with a subscription to Bass Player Magazine....because they don't as of yet make a Bass HOLDER magazine)

At work.....I'm pumped through the 2500-people-or-so house with a Shure 58 mic into the ring of 10 or so JBL speaker cabinets, each with a 15 and an 18-inch driver...

....and for the cover band I'll be playing in soon, my new rig will be as follows:

Shure 52 beta low frequency mic for the horn (thought I was doing this cover band on BASS, huh? not good enough on bass for that....)

Carvin RL6815 "Cyclops" Biamp 600-watt combo, which has a 15-inch woofer, two 8-inch mid-range drivers, and a horn compression driver for which the combo gets its nickname

Korg Bass Pandora PX3B effects processor (so that I can sell out my tuba sound for a grungy bass sound as much as I can...) and finally,

Hughes & Kettner Red Box Pro direct box to run me into the sound board.

That WAS fun...hehehehe...I'm really looking at the last part of this as more of a checklist, since I'm purchasing most of this stuff during the latter part of this month. If you're ever in the Tidewater, VA area (Norfolk, Williamsburg, VA Beach), look for our group COVER DEEZ at a sleazy, two-bit dive near you...I'll keep the list appraised of how it goes......

Allen Carter
Tubist, Busch Gardens
Williamsburg, VA

Hard-Rockin' Electric Bass Emulator, COVER DEEZ

Follow Ups: