Re: What kind of equipment do yo use

[ Follow Ups ] [ Post Followup ] [ TubeNet BBS ] [ FAQ ]

Posted by Joseph on May 09, 2001 at 23:33:52:

In Reply to: What kind of equipment do yo use posted by Let's have some fun! on May 09, 2001 at 11:40:29:

This is fun. Thanks! :)

CC: PT-6S w/ PT-88+
F: PT-15 w/ PT-65

I bought a PT-72 as a good middle of the road mouthpiece to use on both horns but promptly ended up loaning it out about a year ago to a good friend. I occasionaly mess around with a Dillon M1CB but despite every attempt to the contrary I always come back to the 88 in conjunction with the PT-6. The M1C did work wonders on a King sousaphone however. I also have a PT-44(currently on loan) that seems to always work wonders on horns that I'm not familiar with.. always makes me sound good despite myself ;b

Wish list(hah!):
*MW 32CC- I have very fond memories of Velvet Brown playing this horn and think it would fit nicely between the PT-6 and 15 as a primary quintet horn. The 15 works quite well in quintet with a little finesse but I think the MW32 would increase the comfort level for the whole ensemble on the majority of pieces. This would relegate the 15 to the higher orchestral lit and solo work where I think it is most at home.
*MW 182F- Never played one or heard them played but the idea of a tiny F that I can zing the snot out of and impersonate Bobo(poorly) on is very appealing. Might also make a good jazz horn.. not that I play jazz but one can dream. Does this horn sound anything like I think it would? How do they play?
*Obligatory BAT- I have no justification for such a horn whatsoever and the practical part of my brain keeps me from bothering to honk on 'em at conventions long enough to have anything resembling a preference.

Any comments on my 'ideal tuba set-up'? Yeah, I know I'm being very silly.

joseph 'it's fun to dream a little' felton

Follow Ups: