Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: What kind of equipment do yo use

[ Follow Ups ] [ Post Followup ] [ TubeNet BBS ] [ FAQ ]

Posted by Mark F. on May 09, 2001 at 17:18:34:

In Reply to: Re: Re: Re: Re: What kind of equipment do yo use posted by Rick F on May 09, 2001 at 16:12:20:

First of all, I know there are many skeptics who thing that heavy caps don't work. Let me say to each of you, don't knock it 'til you've tried it. The difference is noticeable, and verifiable using spectrum analysis.
Heavy caps on the tuba do the same thing that heavy trumpet valve caps do. The best way I can describe it is to say the vibration caused by your lips should be allowed to pass through the valves without picking up on other sympathetic vibrations that might interfere with your tone. The heavy caps give my tone a lot of core and warmth. Everybody who has played or heard my horn first, without the caps, and second, with the caps, says the difference is incredible. I would like to try them on a good 601 to see what they would do on a really big horn.

I just got done making a second set for a friend for his Mirafone 191, so I will know Friday if they make a big difference on other brands too. By the way, the second set I made took me about 1/10th as much time, and they look MUCH better than my first set. Makes me want to re-do mine.

For those of you who have not seen them, I will post the link of my trigger again. the caps can be seen in the that picture.

Follow Ups: