Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Contra-Octave in band playing

[ Follow Ups ] [ Post Followup ] [ TubeNet BBS ] [ FAQ ]

Posted by Jay Bertolet on May 08, 2001 at 20:27:10:

In Reply to: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Contra-Octave in band playing posted by Don't get nasty Jay. on May 08, 2001 at 16:43:52:

Well, where to begin?

I didn't find a "loophole" in your statements, I found documentable exceptions to your statements just off the top of my head. I don't know if you, or anyone else, should find this impressive. Words mean things. Get over it if you can't be specific in your statements.

I really don't understand your indignation at being identified as an anonymous poster. You're the one who decided not to sign your name behind your statements. And let's look at those statements. In just the post I'm responding to, you've insulted me by saying that you think I'm looking for loopholes in your argument, implying that I'm simply trying to be argumentative, accused me of being a hypocrite (applying a double standard), and you've called me a liar (telling me I wouldn't do as I said I would and tell John Cradler or anyone else I didn't like pedal notes they were doing if I found them inappropriate). Easy to do when you don't even have the personal integrity to put your reputation behind those statements. I'm not attacking you personally, I'm simply disagreeing with you and citing examples to back up my points. You're the one slinging the mud.

This is my final word in this matter. I don't like to engage in debates with people who call me names without even showing themselves. The only reason I responded to your initial post was because I didn't want Austin Howle to get the wrong ideas or information, as I see it. If you want to continue this discussion in private, you have my email address.

My opinion for what it's worth...

Follow Ups: