Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Unknown Musical Sign - Help!

[ Follow Ups ] [ Post Followup ] [ TubeNet BBS ] [ FAQ ]

Posted by Klaus on May 06, 2001 at 19:57:10:

In Reply to: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Unknown Musical Sign - Help! posted by dan on May 06, 2001 at 18:19:30:

The Danish term is "franskbrødet" = the loaf of French bread (white wheat bread).

The bakers cut a pattern on top of the lump of dough to secure a controlled breaking up of the crust during fermentation and baking.

This virtual bread of yours should be the only one intaken during tuba playing. Crumbs of real bread will slow up your valves.

Have fun with your German band. I have played the 1st flugelhorn in a Danish German Dutchly conducted band. That Dutchman was and is a musician of extraordinary musicality. I was also the treasurer of that band, and I hated the 2nd flugelhornist for insulting the conductor (at the mens room during a party), so that he quit. Which in turn lead to the folding of the band.

German bands are no outlets of intellectuality. But they can generate lots of fun for players and audiences alike. So my advice will be to respect real musicians even in these humble environments.

Klaus

Follow Ups: