Re: Minidisc or DAT?

[ Follow Ups ] [ Post Followup ] [ TubeNet BBS ] [ FAQ ]

Posted by Austin H. on May 03, 2001 at 17:41:56:

In Reply to: Minidisc or DAT? posted by Mark Wiseman on May 03, 2001 at 17:29:40:

Well, the minidisc is much easier to carry around and listen to music with, but if you're looking for flat out quality, the DAT is untouched. My buddies up at brevard last summer made bootlegs of performances using minidisc's (shhh...don't tell anyone) and the quality was pretty good considering the mic's they used. I am considering buying a minidisc myself to record myself practicing, but if I wanted to do a real recording of myself, then I would use DAT definately. I also noticed people bringing minidiscs to master classes and recording them, they seemed to work great for that, although, my dad recorded a few of his lessons with arnold jacobs and he used a DAT. It really depends on what kind of recording you're planning on doing...basically for a high quality but quick recording that you really don't plan on other people listening to, minidisc works just fine. If you're planning on doing a "proffesional" recording or something like that, DAT is unsurpassed in quality.

Austin

Follow Ups: