Looking for tuba...

[ Follow Ups ] [ Post Followup ] [ TubeNet BBS ] [ FAQ ]

Posted by Chris R on May 02, 2001 at 16:34:11:

Hi all,

I was wondering if you guys could gimme a little help. I'm a junior in high school and I'm looking into getting a tuba. Lately I have been playing with a local college band and the tuba player already there wants to sell his tuba. His tuba is a YBB-321 which is about ten years old and in virtually mint condition (he bought it new by the way...). There is about 3 small dings on the entire horn and 99.9% of the laquer is intact. He's asking $2500 for it. It's also in very good working condition as well. Valves are all tight and move very easily. It's almost like a brand new tuba. I have been playing it frequently the past two weeks and I like it. I don't think it's a bad tuba at all. I think it's a good fit for me. I'm not looking to spend a small fortune :-) on a tuba 'cause I just don't have the money. I know many of you think YBB-321's aren't too great but for my situation it works well. I like the sound and the intonation is good too. The only problem I find is that it's a little awkward to hold but I'm getting used to it. I'm just curious if this is a good deal or not. Any opinions (be gentle...:-)) about the horn or the price, would be greatly appreciated. Thanks in advance.

Chris R

Follow Ups: