Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Willson 3050 vs. B&S PT6

[ Follow Ups ] [ Post Followup ] [ TubeNet BBS ] [ FAQ ]

Posted by Jay Bertolet on May 30, 2000 at 16:30:08:

In Reply to: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Willson 3050 vs. B&S PT6 posted by Bryan on May 30, 2000 at 16:11:07:

It is a good point but another explanation might be that Gronitz wasn't in the market for Roger's endorsement. I really don't know what Roger charges for such an arrangement or even if he has such a policy. I absolutely love 4 of my 5 tubas and would endorse them in a heartbeat but I'm not currently endorsing any of them because I haven't been asked. Perhaps I need to spend less time on the Tube-Net and more time in the practice room so that I can win the next really big orchestral job that comes along and thereby land myself a nice endorsement contract? :)

I agree that there must be some sort of financial arrangement to entice players to endorse a particular brand of instrument. My guess is that it entails smaller compensations like having your expenses paid to go to an ITEC and pitch the company's horn while you're there. And maybe the fact that players constantly switch instruments and also use several different ones at any given time justifies the smaller scale of endorsements, if they are indeed smaller.

My opinions for what its worth...

Follow Ups: