BBb Tuba For Sale: Cerveny CCB-686, 4/4

[ Follow Ups ] [ Post Followup ] [ TubeNet BBS ] [ FAQ ]

Posted by dmmorris on May 26, 2000 at 06:41:48:

$2500 (firm) for the horn. 4 rotary valves, 0.795" bore, 17.75" bell, 40.16" ht., Bright lacquered brass w/ nickel-silver trim and slides, nickel-silver bell rim wreath and mouth-leadpipe. I am selling it as is, in fabulous shape, ready for your first gig/concert immediately upon delivery. There is no mouthpiece with the sale.

Accessories:
$250, brand-new (i.e.I really mean, Never-Been-Used!) Reunion Blues/TubaExchange gig-bag.
$70 Nate Griffith mute

It's a great horn! General condition is very excellent. Valves are superb. Intonation is very good and the first valve slide is "worked" for easy tuning adjustments using the left hand. I played two gigs with it this past weekend with a contemporary band (trumpet, trombone, tuba, guitar, keyboard, drum-kit, and vocals). The horn fit right in either walking a bass line or in harmony with the trumpet/trombone. It is also played regularly in a larger ensemble (20+ players) and I find the Cerveny large enough, with plenty of volume to spare....What I'm saying is that this is a very versatile tuba. Pictures are available for serious inquiries only.

I just took delivery of a B&S, and my wife doesn't believe I "need" two of these beasts. She is right of course!!

Regards,
dmmorris
dmm7430(AT)glaxowellcome.com

Follow Ups: