Re: Re: Re: an open letter to the tuba exchange

[ Follow Ups ] [ Post Followup ] [ TubeNet BBS ] [ FAQ ]

Posted by George.Blahun. on May 19, 1999 at 19:36:15:

In Reply to: Re: Re: an open letter to the tuba exchange posted by not-even-worth-responding-to on May 17, 1999 at 09:32:34:

Re: A.Heinel BBflat Tuba

Here are the facts about the tuba as posted on eBay.

Several months prior to the tuba being listed on eBay- Mr.Simonson contacted me and told me that he would be interested in purchasing the tuba.

During the course of our conversation he suggested a trade for the St.Petersburg horn. I
informed him that I would consider the trade.

As of this moment the Heinel is in my possession.No trade has been made.

Now for the rest of the sstory. In 1957 at McSorley's Saloon in the Bowery of NY City,at
a gathering of musicians,with Bill Bell as President of The Loyal Order of S---P--- and
Amalgamated Loyal Sons of McSorley's Maarching Clam Chowder Band, I discussed the tuba with Bill Bell.It was decided in 1957 that the tuba would be worth about $3500. With that
in mind and considering inflation I felt that the tuba would be worth about $4900. That is
why the tuba was listed at $4900.

As a tuba player in that special category of Venerable Flatulentss - I am still able to carry the tuba. With 2 other Venerable Flatulents(musicians all in their late 70's) we work out 5 days a week at the Coast Guard Academy gymnasium. On Monday,Wednesday and Friday we each swim about a mile and on Tuesday and Thursday we complete a program of circuit weight training.

I very much appreciate the response from all of the tuba players and for that I want to say - Thank You Very Much.

Before I make my decision to trade tthe tuba I will entertain all of you suggestions.

Respectfully,

George.Blahun.,Sr.

Follow Ups: