Re: 993 BBb Sovereign

[ Follow Ups ] [ Post Followup ] [ TubeNet BBS ] [ FAQ ]

Posted by Bjoern Halvorsen on May 18, 1999 at 02:22:33:

In Reply to: 993 BBb Sovereign posted by John Szkutko on May 16, 1999 at 06:48:16:

A fellow tubist in my brass band got one some time ago. I'm playing the 994 since '96, and as far as I'm concerned, the 993 plays a little "sweeter", somewhat brighter. Everything else is practically identical. The resistance, intonation and low register is very much the same as the 994, despite more openly wrapped 993 tubing. The valves are exellent, and front action appeals to me. But my biggest complaint is the bending of the leadpipe. If you rest the horn on your chair, everything is OK. But if you, like me, want to place the tuba on your lap, the mouthpiece hits you right in the forehead... I'm built large, that's for sure. But the pipe should be lovered a couple of inches to suit my taste and physics. It's also rather cumbersome to get a nice hold/grip of this brute, if the afore mentioned sitting position is your favorite. It seems like it's constructed to rest between your legs, not onto your knees. Like it or not. Guess it's a matter of taste and preference. But do give it a try!

Regards, Bjørn Halvorsen, Norway.

Follow Ups: