Re: Re: Re: an open letter to the tuba exchange

[ Follow Ups ] [ Post Followup ] [ TubeNet BBS ] [ FAQ ]

Posted by Bryan on May 17, 1999 at 01:51:32:

In Reply to: Re: Re: an open letter to the tuba exchange posted by Dale Phelps on May 16, 1999 at 21:23:35:

I have to wonder, who amoung us, if we found an old York (or similar) at an estate sale for say $1000 would say "Oh that's just not enough! Here, let me give you $4000 cash and make payments on the balance."? It is one thing to intentially run a scam. It's quite another to seek out a good deal. Nothing I have read leads me believe anything even remotely approaches an ethics violation.

Now, I know of a situation where an older gentleman (73) had loaned his horn to a "friend" (who turned around and sold his personal horn of lessor value) and had trouble getting it back. I believe he was literally waiting for the guy to pass on and claim the horn for himself. I helped hin get back his horn, but of more importance, play duets with him every week. Money and things are one thing. The value of friendship is priceless! Maybe if some concerned tuba players would take some time out for these old guys they wouldn't get involved in bad business decisions in the first place.

Just my thoughts...

Follow Ups: