Re: Re: Euphonium Advice?

[ Follow Ups ] [ Post Followup ] [ TubeNet BBS ] [ FAQ ]

Posted by same guy on May 16, 1999 at 12:03:08:

In Reply to: Re: Euphonium Advice? posted by guy-that-buys-LOTSA-horns on May 15, 1999 at 15:57:17:

Now that I've offered some general advice, and after you educate yourself some more (wait for more euph player posts) and might think that any of THESE (below) might be good deals, I have three Yamaha model 321 lacquered 4 valve non-compensating euphoniums:

They are priced at $1200, $1100, and $900.

I would rate the three, cosmetically in order, as ($1200) gorgeous, but used, ($1100) very nice, but some light scratches, ($900) OK-looking on the front and pretty funky on the back.

All three play fine. For an extra $75 on ($1200) and ($1100), I will pull the bottom bows and remove the very small dents that exist.

On the ($900), I would need more money for dent removal, because there is a lot more to do.

I would be most interested in an "as-is" sale. All three of them play FINE (YEP-321's are very consistant), and all three have nice original cases.

Mouthpiece-wise, I would toss in a new 6 1/2 AL knock-off (good for beginner or re-starter) or, for an extra $20, I will substitute a new Schilke 51D.

Good luck!

Follow Ups: