Re: Re: Re: Re: Memorial to the BBS

[ Follow Ups ] [ Post Followup ] [ TubeNet BBS ] [ FAQ ]

Posted by JB on March 20, 2004 at 14:51:19:

In Reply to: Re: Re: Re: Memorial to the BBS posted by bloke on March 20, 2004 at 14:17:28:

Just posted the following on the new site (probably in the wrong place -- a bit complicated over there...). The essence is the same as what I just read above; "the older format with some changes would be much better."

[quoting Mr Chisham: "I would love to see some more votes here to help me decide. I believe that the opposition is comfortable with the wwwboard and could become addicted to the phpbb version in just a couple of months usage."]

I can tell you with certainty that the current ("old") format is far superior for my use -- the ability to see all at a glance as I drop in during a few free moments here and there. (And please note, I write "for MY use.") I'm sure I have read similar opinions on the old site as well.

I echo the sentiments of the many (here and the "old" board) who find this cumbersome, disjointed, increasingly time consuming, and awkward to use. If the switch to the phpbb version goes forward, then I will be among those who abandon this. The dislikeable qualities are inherent in the structure of the new site.

It is understandable that Mr Chisham only has limited resources (time) to volunteer in keeping this going. We are unquestionably indebted to him for all his efforts. However, losing -- or at least substantially diminishing -- the very qualities that made this such a great resource are disappointing, to say the least. I wish there were another alternative to consider instead of the phpbb.

Follow Ups: