Re: TubeNet is moving soon!

[ Follow Ups ] [ Post Followup ] [ TubeNet BBS ] [ FAQ ]

Posted by Robo on March 19, 2004 at 19:50:53:

In Reply to: TubeNet is moving soon! posted by Sean Chisham on March 18, 2004 at 22:21:23:

Sean, Thanks for the trip. Though short, it was fun while it lasted.

I have gone to the new site, registered, looked around and decided that the site is just "too darned busy" for me. I believe it may be even more busy than I am busy. I will only site as an example, while growing up reading cartoons, I would always prefer the drawings that were not too busy or confusing for the cartoon message at hand. The more I searched, mechanically, for the message, the more chance that the message would be lost or not bring the desired entertaining chuckle.

I work 12-14 hour days. I play in seven bands/groups and travel. After College Undergraduate work as a Music Education Major, I was a beneficiary of the US Army Draft Board. I am a veteran of US Army Bands, from the Viet Nam Era. I am also a veteran of the Dessert Storm Era with a National Guard Band from my state. I have always had the feeling that I had something to contribute, to such a fine group of musicians, as those that post to this BBS.

I am also a teacher of low brass, with students and a studio. I am a member of local fraternal organizations, Local School Improvement Council, Band and Show Choir Boosters. Incidentally my eighteen year old son (the baby) graduates this year for college and is a fine musician, playing tuba, baritone/euphonium, trombone and piano. He will be a piano major with a minor in brass, his pick.

I wish you luck with the new clandestine TubeNet. I do not have the time to find or decipher everything that I might be looking for, The words "Tuba Central" take up most of my browser window and I can only imagine where the advertising will be parked or tickered.

I have enjoyed, routinely reading this BBS, even if only long enough to catch a few minutes to read up on the many versatile topics and I must confess that I have used this BBS also as means of escape (if only briefly)the hustle bustle of the daily grind.

How will you measure success with the new BBS? Many of us have registered with the new one to only find that we did not prefer it to the older one. So registration totals will not be an accurate measurement. Numbers of posts? These may be misleading too, as the same posters will be posting and posting and posting as if they are the ever ready battery bunny.

I really do wish you luck with the new BBS. I also hope against all hope, that folks do not vote for the older BBS with their feet, eyes and fingers.

Robo (who was even around long enough to be blocked by Sean) Slack

Follow Ups: