Re: Re: Calling All Hirsbrunner Owners...

[ Follow Ups ] [ Post Followup ] [ TubeNet BBS ] [ FAQ ]

Posted by Todd Morgan on March 13, 2004 at 21:44:49:

In Reply to: Re: Calling All Hirsbrunner Owners... posted by Robo on March 13, 2004 at 19:35:33:

Robo,

I played one of these fine Besson Eb tubas when I was in college. They are very nice tubas!!! If I had the money, that would be my bass tuba of choice.

Quote: "...why not get a hold of one of those tow truck thumb rings that come with the Besson EEb 983 tuba that nobody uses. I have never felt conformable with this adjustable, moveable thumb ring."

If you have one that you are not using, you can send it my way. :) The only tuba I ever had that I purposefully removed the thumb ring from was my 2165. My hands were too small to use the thumb ring in conjunction with the "Big Valves" and the 5th valve trigger. I had the thumb ring reattached prior to trading it in. As for my 56J thumb ring, I like the fact that I can adjust its position. I have found that using plumbers thread tape keeps the ring in place. A nut with a nylon ring in it is also great for keeping the ring tight.

Thank you for your reply. If the Willson ring doesn't work out, I may check out a Besson ring.

-Todd Morgan

Follow Ups: