Kent State University

[ Follow Ups ] [ Post Followup ] [ TubeNet BBS ] [ FAQ ]

Posted by Craig Knox on March 07, 2004 at 20:43:05:

This will be of interest primarily to students and parents in Ohio.

I have recently been appointed the new tuba instructor at Kent State University, and would like to invite area students to consider KSU as an excellent institution at which to study music education or performance. KSU is Ohio's second-largest university campus, located 40 miles from Cleveland and in the vicinity of Akron and Canton. The Hugh A. Glauser School of Music has a long tradition of excellence, with a primarily full-time faculty, excellent ensembles, and a strong tie to the Cleveland Orchestra, with its annual master-class series and Kent-Blossom summer festival. The School of Music supports a graduate assistantship for tuba, which provides full tuition waiver and cash stipend.

While the tuba instructor position is part-time, it has a strong presence due to a faculty brass quintet, as well as tuba and combined brass studio classes which are required in addition to lessons. Prior to KSU, I was on faculty at California State University-Hayward (6 years) and San Francisco Conservatory of Music (2 years). You can find my biographical information at www.centercitybrassquintet.com, and information on the School of Music at dept.kent.edu/music/.

Acceptance to the KSU School of Music is by audition; although it is late in the year, there are still several audition dates scheduled, and ad hoc auditions can be arranged as well. Please do not hesitate to contact me by e-mail with any questions regarding tuba study at Kent State University.

Thanks,

Craig Knox
Adjunct Professor of Tuba
Kent State University
Tubist, Center City Brass Quintet
Craig(AT)centercitybrassquintet.com

Follow Ups: