Value of a horn

[ Follow Ups ] [ Post Followup ] [ TubeNet BBS ] [ FAQ ]

Posted by Jim on March 05, 2004 at 22:39:53:

Help! I have an opportunity to look at a Kurath-Perantucci CC silver horn. I have researched and have been told this is the very same horn discussed on this BBS for the past twenty years YES THE VERY SAME HORN. The one that the valves had been swapped around. Need some help determining the value to pay. I do not know if I will be interested in purchasing after playing it but would like to have an idea of what to offer so as not to insult the current owner. I have not seen the horn in person, but assume it is very simillar to the current Willson CC. The owner has said it is in good shape excepting a few small dents. Scratch from the mouth piece falling out and hitting the bell. I have never played the CC but will learn it if given the opportunity. I currently own a Conn 21J that is nearly thirty years old, but in great shape and plays like a charm. Love the big sound. After purchasing the Conn 21J, I have noticed that there have not been very many Conns available for sale. Is this because I should be happy with what I have? I appreciate that VALUE is determined by the second highest bidder plus a few bucks. I posted once in tubenet and that is how i found this horn. Thank you Chisham. Any assistance will be appreciated.

Follow Ups: