Lee Stofer, Excellent Repair Person!!

[ Follow Ups ] [ Post Followup ] [ TubeNet BBS ] [ FAQ ]

Posted by Dave Trent on March 03, 2004 at 19:40:31:

I just received my circa 1924 Conn upright tuba back today from its spending some time in Lee Stofer's repair shop. I purchased this tuba on the (unmentionable) website a couple of years ago and found that I had purchased a dud! Even the low Bb was stuffy on this horn! Through some negotiations with Lee, he agreed to purchase my 1920s vintage Conn helicon for a certain amount of cash plus providing repairs to the Conn upright to bring it back to its original good playing condition. Lee had the valves replated, replaced the lead pipe, repaired or replaced several braces and cleaned it up quite well. I think he also put his magic touch on it, as well. The horn sounds and plays great! I will be taking it with me to many rehearsals and concerts for many years to come!

I whole-heartedly recommend Lee Stofer to anyone having any kind of problem with their tuba. Lee Stofer Music Service can be reached by phone at (770) 603-6088. Lee's email address is tubameister1(AT)juno.com Give Lee a chance to solve your tuba related repair problems. (You know, he might also repair Trombones!)

Follow Ups: