Re: VW recordings

[ Follow Ups ] [ Post Followup ] [ TubeNet BBS ] [ FAQ ]

Posted by Chris on March 03, 2004 at 19:11:36:

In Reply to: VW recordings posted by Mike on March 03, 2004 at 01:55:17:

It's funny this topic should come up at this time. It has been some time since I have lent out my pennies on here. But less than a week ago I made my way by train to Chicago and had myself a lesson with Gene Pokorny, I don't need to tell you about his sense of the horn and all it is capable of, wow. Anyway, I had an audition and I was playing the Vaughn Williams, nervous not really he has a terrific sense of humour. Before I played we talked about making music that is written your own, sort of taking ink from a page and using that as an outlet for your own creativity; I believe that is what he does every time he picks up that horn-----M U S I C! I learned so much about musical ideas in that hour, phrasing, and making music in the most comfortable way.
Well, I taped the lesson and it is strictly for my own records I had to promise him that it wouldn't end up on Wal Mart's shelves in the morning.... hahahaha
I will learn from that recording as long as I have lips on my face.
As far as the audition, I am keeping my fingers crossed that I will be moving to Chicago and working on my degree at Roosevelt U's CCPA. Wish me luck.
Just setting foot into that city raises your abilities, seriously.

Oh yeah, best recording; personally I like all of them. Fletcher has the most dynamic contrast and produces really nice ideas, yeah his is my favorite. I am hoping that one day mine is my favorite, that is my goal!!!! acheivable who knows?

Thank you for what it's worth,

Chris(who suggests using Amtrak as transportation if you are under 600 miles from chicago, ouch those seats get uncomfortable, hahahhaha)

Follow Ups: