Re: Playing w/ dentures, partials & bridges

[ Follow Ups ] [ Post Followup ] [ TubeNet BBS ] [ FAQ ]

Posted by ck on March 03, 2004 at 12:46:01:

In Reply to: Playing w/ dentures, partials & bridges posted by Toothless in Seattle on March 03, 2004 at 12:26:31:

I've had various types of articulation issues... certainly none dealing with dental issues though. But, I expect that the physical changes in your mouth have made you think too much about how your tongue and chops feel and less about your air. My articlulation issues, I've found, have all been related to air issues. I'd recommend that you work on starting notes with no tongue at all and see how your air is working. Once you feel that you have a pretty solid start with no tongue at all, then introduce your tongue back into the equation, but only for clarity. Remember, your air is what produces the vibration, not your tongue or your teeth or anything like that.

Your air is equivalent to the bow on a string instrument, and your lips the string itself. If the bow isn't moving, there's no sound period. And if the bow has a rough start, so will the sound. The tongue is only used for clarity; the air is what produces the tone.

hope this helps...

Follow Ups: