Re: MW2155 Valve Trouble

[ Follow Ups ] [ Post Followup ] [ TubeNet BBS ] [ FAQ ]

Posted by Charles on March 30, 2003 at 16:44:32:

In Reply to: MW2155 Valve Trouble posted by Andy Grappy on March 28, 2003 at 09:49:49:

Not trying to be repetitive, but I had the EXACT same problems on my MW2155. 2nd valve especially. I had Matt Walters use that special tool on it and it fixed the deterioration of the valve guides. My slides still stuck though. In Greensboro, Matt replaced my first 2 valves for me. Unfortunately they are beginning to start to stick again. The horn plays great and I've had some work done on it (thumb ring, trigger, etc.) that makes me not want to get rid of it. The only thing I can suggest is do NOT waste money on repairs, because it has been my experience that the problems keep reoccuring. Speak with the person you bought the horn from about getting your whole valve set replaced. It is costly (about $1500 I believe), but if Ger. Meinl sold these instruments with defects in them, then they should fix the problems. I've had my MW2155 for a couple of years now and have had tons of work done to it and as I stated before, it's been my experiece that repairs won't work.
Good luck with it.

Charles "Who will be selling his horn soon if he can't get his valve set replaced" P.

Follow Ups: