Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Poor HS Student in need of Euphonium

[ Follow Ups ] [ Post Followup ] [ TubeNet BBS ] [ FAQ ]

Posted by JoeS on March 24, 2003 at 21:42:57:

In Reply to: Re: Re: Re: Re: Poor HS Student in need of Euphonium posted by R.A. Akande on March 24, 2003 at 19:55:32:

It seems that a regular theme on many many internet bulletin boards is folks who "don't have much money" (in this case already having access to something really excellent free-of-charge provided by others - but totally inadequate in the view of the user) and are looking for tips on how to acquire something extraordinary with very little effort (perhaps a bit "childish", but quite a common viewpoint). On other bulletin boards it might be "How can I get this ["super-duper" house/car/boat/vacation/insurance/college tuition/etc.] without having the funding available to purchase it?"

As you see, someone else has already offered you the predictable modern American answer: debt (student loans - whatever). I simply suggested a very out-of-style-yet-effective answer: work .

Rather than raising your adrenaline level, review the suggestion and realize that you indeed can very simply and methodically fulfill your wants/desires through your own efforts. If you heed the "debt" advice, the borrowing habit can easily be retreated to again and again until soon, like millions of Americans, the ability to service the mounting debt exceeds the ability to generate income.

Please don't tell me how hard you already work or how full of work your life already is. Our American lives are very very easy and full of additional opportunities to earn for ourselves and to serve others. I'm sure you can work and within a few months earn the money to purchase whatever euphonium you desire.

' sorry it offended.

Follow Ups: