Re: Confessions of a tuba junky

[ Follow Ups ] [ Post Followup ] [ TubeNet BBS ] [ FAQ ]

Posted by Rob Bass on March 16, 2003 at 20:15:40:

In Reply to: Confessions of a tuba junky posted by stef on March 15, 2003 at 00:19:58:

If you wish enough to own a tuba it can and will happen, but nobody can not just wish they can play and make music.
One great way that can happen is if you pratice and or go some where and find a commuinty band {serf the net} or play along with CD's. I started out playing on a barrowed beat up tuba that the school kids raised to the top of the flag pole and it broke the rope and it hit the ground with lots of damage to the tuba so I offered to fix it. After some time I bought my first tuba and was the best investment I ever made and after 20 years I still love to play. Many great things in my life have come about since I started playing after 18 years of "wanting" to play tuba again. "Two things in life are very important, one is, you must insist on the things you want, {tuba} or things you want to do. Second is you get only what you settle for." Oh yeah third is life is short and you are dead a long time. So why wait if its what you really want to do. Just go do it MAN !!!!

Follow Ups: