Re: Concerned about my future

[ Follow Ups ] [ Post Followup ] [ TubeNet BBS ] [ FAQ ]

Posted by N.Dwyer on March 14, 2003 at 09:49:10:

In Reply to: Concerned about my future posted by Julian on March 14, 2003 at 01:49:37:

No one is really qualified to advise another about major career decisions without knowing a lot about the person, but from your remarks it sounds like security is the main thing on your mind now. Taking an accounting position for security while wishing you were teaching sounds like a bad proposition to me, however, your responsibilities towards family and repayment of loans may make such a situation necessary. Teaching is one of those things that many find impossible after giving it a try, so maybe getting a teaching position first and falling back on accounting later makes more sense. As far as living abroad, several of my friends have been fairly successful at teaching English in Japan while doing some musical work in clubs etc. (not tuba)

I believe that while you are young and fairly unencumbered you should do what your gut tells you, later you will be forced into doing what you "should". Good luck, remember a good teacher can change the life of a student. If you think you can be that teacher, or want to be, then get a teaching job and don't look back. NWD

Follow Ups: