Re: Re: Shall tubas have their own scale systems

[ Follow Ups ] [ Post Followup ] [ TubeNet BBS ] [ FAQ ]

Posted by Frank on March 12, 2003 at 13:15:53:

In Reply to: Re: Shall tubas have their own scale systems posted by preach it Klaus! on March 12, 2003 at 00:19:40:

Not to mention the nursing homes, senior centers, hospitals, and other various and assorted locations where we (including the duffers like me) bring a little entertainment to folks in addition to the expected things like the concerts in the park, 4th of July functions, etc. We do it for ourselves, and within the limits of our time and ability, do our best to bring a good show to the folks who are our listeners.

We are generally volunteer part time players who work full time at our jobs. Have other community interests other than just being limited to making music, and feel lucky to get in a couple hours on the horn each week in addition to a two hour rehearsal. I would have loved to have been able to play full time. But most of us cannot do that and must make a living otherwise. And most have other obligations including other volunteer work in the community.

So Klaus, if you can understand the concept, thats excellent. Otherwise, don't lecture me. As I said in a earlier post, my wife takes good care of that duty every time I do something she doesn't appreciate.

Follow Ups: