Piggy for sale, real bargain.

[ Follow Ups ] [ Post Followup ] [ TubeNet BBS ] [ FAQ ]

Posted by Anthony on March 11, 2003 at 15:06:56:

Cerveny Piggy

• 4 valve CC

• late 70s/very early 80s vintage.. serial 13XXX, which I don't think means anything. Bell engraving tells of vintage, though.

• VERY good condition, some laquer wear at contact points, minor blemishes that I doubt remotely affect the horn's playability

• Also:

• Altieri Gig Bag

• Home-made Flight case.

• I've flown with it 4 times in the last few months to a couple of gigs and auditions.. the case isn't as pretty as it was before, but it protects the horn. Has wheels and a leather strap for pulling it(though Delta Airlines has the handle from the strap!) Weighs 80.6 pounds with the horn in it, which the airlines do not seem to mind.

This horn is a very fine specimen of a Piggy. I've played it with great success in Quintet, symphony orchestra, and as the only tubist in a 45 piece Wind Ensemble, as well as various community groups, pit orchestras, jazz combos, etc. Pictures and recordings can be made sometime this week, if requested.

Why am I selling? I'm buying another tuba, as well as replacing my Eb with an F.

I am asking $2,950 for everything. The horn is located in Duluth, Minnesota, but I travel regularly to Minneapolis, Madison, Chicago, Syracuse, Southern Ontario(which can bring me through most anywhere in Michigan), and Montreal, so personal delivery could be arranged for less than it would cost to ship. I will entertain all reasonable offers.

Please contact me offline with any further inquiries. Thank you for reading this far!

Anthony Labelle
    (715)398-6608
    a.labelle(AT)juno.com

Follow Ups: