Re: Re: Different Question About CC vs. BBb

[ Follow Ups ] [ Post Followup ] [ TubeNet BBS ] [ FAQ ]

Posted by RandyB on March 09, 2003 at 23:37:27:

In Reply to: Re: Different Question About CC vs. BBb posted by SG on March 09, 2003 at 20:16:25:

SG is right. If you ask your friends with new sports cars about how much fun where the test drives, you'd probably get some good stories. I was away from playing for about 30 years before returning a couple of years ago. I bought my first euph on e**y, a Willson 2900 from what turned out to be a local music store. I got lucky on that one. However, after getting back into shape, I was able to make the trip to WW/BW and left with a Besson Prestige. I also decided to move to tuba (moment of insanity). WW/BW is an excellent place to test drive several horns. First visit convinced me that I didn't want a Besson 994, but not much else. The second trip was completely different in that Roger Lewis of WW/BW took the time to help me figure out what worked for me and what didn't. No pushing an unpopular horn difficult to unload, no canned "this is what everybody plays." I decided to stick to the BBb route and now enjoy a Miraphone S191. Of course, you always have to go back to the car dealership to check out the latest sports cars so this weekend I was back at WW/BW and I now have my eye on this cute little CC tuba for in a couple of years as I become re-aclimated.

Point here is enjoy the search by playing, not reading about the horns. And more important, do this with someone who can give you objective and knowledgeable feedback. You'll find a significantly better horn for about the same money and you will learn more about your own playing in the process.

Follow Ups: